Information Collected on Site
We only collect personal information from visitors to our Web site when they voluntarily provide it to us by completing our registration form or electing to use one of our services. We may require visitors to provide us with information including, but not limited to, their name, physical address, email address, birth date, credit card number, credit card expiration date, username, password, and on occasion a unique identifier.
Use of Information
Our goal in collecting personal information is to provide visitors with the most personalized Web experience possible and our advertisers with an efficient means to reach the right audience. By knowing a little about our visitors, we are able to deliver more relevant content and advertisements, and provide better services. We may use information collected from visitors to our Web site for any of the following purposes:
- to send visitors information and promotional materials about our company,
- to send visitors information and promotional materials from our marketing partners and third parties (such as advertisers on our Web site),
- to deliver targeted display advertisements and offers by email (by matching criteria provided by our advertisers with information collected from our visitors),
- to contact visitors to our Web site when necessary,
- to allow one-click purchases or access to proprietary content by pre-populating fields, within registration or other transaction screens, with a visitor’s name, billing address, and credit or charge card information (among other things), as provided by that visitor,
- to help diagnose problems with our server,
- to administer our Web site,
- to conduct internal reviews of our site (e.g., to determine the number of visitors to the site),
- to help us better understand visitors’ use of our site, and
- to protect the security or integrity of our site. Non-personal information will be used for purposes of conducting internal reviews of the site, monitoring the site, and providing a greater online experience for our visitors.
Disclosure of Information
We may transfer or disclose information collected from visitors to our Web site to our employees and independent contractors, subsidiaries and affiliates, and to our consultants, other business associates, and suppliers, if the disclosure will enable that party to perform a business, professional, or technical support function for us, or if required to do so by law. We may also disclose information we collect from our site visitors to our marketing and business partners, who may use the information in connection with their business operations, such as to send marketing and other communications to visitors of our site.
During the registration process, and at certain times during any member user session, we may present additional offers from third party service providers. Our third party service providers have their own terms and conditions and privacy policies. We suggest that visitors access these third party sites and review their terms and conditions and privacy policies before “subscribing” to any third party offer. If a visitor subscribes to a third party offer during our registration process, we may transfer the data they provided to us as part of the registration process to that third party company, which will then process further using that data. We may also share non-personal information we collect from visitors to our site, such as their browsing behaviors, with third parties. For example, we may tell a third party advertiser that a certain number of people have visited a certain area on our Web site.
Changes and Acceptance